1875. Active; focal plane 65 m (213 ft); white flash every 15 s. 29.5 m (97 ft) stone tower with lantern and gallery, painted white; lantern and watch room black. The keeper's house and other light station buildings are abandoned and in ruins.
Bas Leenders's 2009 photo is at right, Mendes has a 1996 photo, Carlos Granier has a good August 2006 photo, and Google has a satellite view.
Located on a bluff above the Atlantic about 2 km (1.2 mi) northwest of East Point, the easternmost point of the island. Site open, tower closed. ARLHS BAR-003; Admiralty J5804; NGA 15096.
Photo & Copyright & Text www.unc.edu.com