The Point Sherman Light Station was constructed during the summer of 1904 and was first lit on October 18 of that year. The light was similar to one constructed on Fairway Island and was displayed from a black hexagonal lantern room situated atop a white, hexagonal tower, six feet in height. A one-and-one-half story keeper's dwelling and a boathouse were located just east of the light.
The original light was disestablished and reduced to a minor light shortly before 1917. In 1932, the station was transferred to the Forest Service and replaced by a nearby buoy. A dayboard and a light were placed on the site of the original light in 1981.
Photo Text & Copyright www.Lighthousefriends.com