EUROPA was built in 1911 under the name of “Senator Brockes” at the Stulcken shipyard in Hamburg, at the request of the city of Hamburg. The ship was put into service as Elbe 3 lightship on the river Elbe, and later worked as a stand-by vessel.
In 1986, Harry Smit brought the ship to the Netherlands. Over a period of 8 years, the ship was completely rebuilt and rigged as a three-masted bark.
The rebuilding and conversion to a sailing vessel was carried out under the supervision of the Dutch Shipping Inspection, Bureau Veritas and Register Holland. She sails with worldwide certificates from each of these authorities and she complies with the highest requirements for sailing ships.
Restored 1988 – 1994, Amsterdam
Home port Amsterdam
Length overall 55.6m
Air draft 33m
Max sail area 1250m_
Engines 2 x 420hp
2-berth cabins 2
4-berth cabins 6
6-berth cabins 4
Toilets each cabin has en suite facilities
Showers each cabin has en suite facilities
Call sign PDZS
VICTORY ADVENTURE'S SOUTHERN OCEAN EXPEDITIONS