TrinidadThe Trinidad Head Lighthouse is a very small tower sitting high up on a headland. It was first lit on December 1, 1871, and still operates today, run by the Coast Guard. It is off-limits to the public, though there are a number of hiking trails on the headland. Not wanting to waste such an attraction, the town of Trinidad built a replica of the lighthouse in 1948, in a more accessible location to the public. It houses the original fourth order lens removed from the lighthouse in 1947, and the station's first fog bell (dating from 1898) sits next to it.
From Highway 101, take the Main St./Westhaven Dr. exit into Trinidad, and go west on Main St. to its end. Turn left onto Trinity St. for about three blocks to its end at Edwards. The lighthouse replica is directly ahead, with parking just to the right; turn right onto Edwards and continue down the hill to reach the headland and trails.